LOOP offers the management of connecting carrier facilities through full-time operatorship. The LOCAP pipeline, operated by LOOP, connects the LOOP Clovelly storage facility to St. James, Louisiana, 54 miles to the North. The St. James terminal facility has twelve breakout tanks with over 7 million barrels of storage capacity situation on 140 acres of land. The 48-inch diameter LOCAP pipeline has a throughput capacity of 1.7 million barrels per day and can expand to 2.4 million barrels per day.
Crude oil arriving at the St. James terminal can be dispatched to any one of four local refineries serving Louisana and Texas:
- The Motiva refinery in Convent
- The refinery in Garyville
- The ExxonMobil refinery in Baton Rouge
- The Placid refinery in Port Allen
In addition, crude oil arriving at our St. James terminal can also be dispatched to other pipeline systems, transmitting more than 50 percent of the nation’s refining capacity to refineries throughout the Midwest and as far north as Canada including:
- Capline, to Patoka, Illinois
- The ExxonMobil Pipeline Northline
- The Red Stick Pipeline to Bayou Choctaw (Department of Energy Strategic Petroleum Reserve site)
- The Shell Sugarland terminal
- The NuStar St. James terminal
- The Plains St. James terminal
LOOP also created specific storage facilities for the exclusive warehousing of Mars and Thunder Horse crude oil. Within hours of a request, LOOP can send these supplies to the customer’s choice of destinations.