LOOP LLC has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Engineer. This position will be assigned to LOOP’s Operations Center in Galliano, Louisiana and will report to the Manager, Reliability & Loss Control.
This position routinely requires eight hour (8) days on a 5/2 schedule.
Primary job responsibilities include identifying and supporting the implementation of predictive technology, evaluating, condition monitoring data, development of equipment maintenance plans, and preventive maintenance procedures in order to provide an effective and efficient solution to ensure reliability. Participate in regulatory PM system audits and development as deemed necessary by management. Participate in the project management/engineering processes as adviser for ensuring reliability concerns are addressed and fully supported. Lead Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) effort to determine failure mode where applicable. Inspect new installations and as well as equipment at vendor sites to identify and remedy possible reliability issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Safety Management System Responsibilities:
- Monitors and maintains all work order records for regulatory purposes with the assistance of Field Facilities Clerk.
- Monitor Monthly PM Status Reports for PM process auditing. Send related metrics and report to area supervisors to assist in facilitating regulatory PMs.
- Perform periodic audits and analysis to ensure PM effectiveness.
- Oversee Preventive PM and repair activities as needed.
- Facilitate the revision process for PM procedures and cycles.
- Provide root cause analysis using equipment monitoring data, field and shop / tear down assessments.
- Provide engineering support for new asset installation.
- Provide report updates for the Engineering & Technology Weekly Reports and the Reliability, Maintenance Planning & Loss Control Monthly Reports
- Stay abreast of industry trends for Best Practices research and facilitates implementation of such practices. Support implementation of Best Maintenance Practices at LOOP.
Follow the procedures set forth by the organization.
Identify and reveal risks to management.
Identify improvements to safety processes and procedures, considering fellow employees, contract personnel, and the public when addressing an abnormal condition or nonconforming process or procedure.
Be mindful of cascading failures early on and take action to prevent a catastrophic event.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in engineering discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical or Petroleum is required.
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a mechanical or electrical facility engineer or in maintenance engineering or reliability engineering with demonstrated proficiency troubleshooting and failure analysis within the petro-chemical industry. Experience in support of maintenance projects within the petroleum industry is a plus.
Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) preferred.
These competencies are essential in successful completion of all facets of this role.
- Accountability- Conscientious and diligent in executing work plans so that schedules and quality standards are met. Provides immediate feedback and coaching to employees on performance, recognizing exceptional efforts and addressing improvement needs. Present and available to employees, providing input and guidance as needed.
- Customer Connectivity- Works to be as responsive to internal customers as to external customers. Makes every effort to meet commitments that have been made to customers and alerts others if commitments may be delayed or cannot be met. Creative in developing solutions to customers’ issues and concerns.
- Shared Mindset- Encourages direct reports and peers to keep the Company's vision in mind. Not hesitant to raise questions or constructively present challenges or differences of opinion with other leaders. Once consensus is reached, is willing to communicate the results, even if different than his/her personal view. Shares information with rest of leadership team on how strategy and vision are being received and implemented by employees.
- Teamwork/Collaboration- Listens to others and values different viewpoints. Promotes an atmosphere of teamwork and encourages welcoming of newcomers. Actively participates in project/Performance Based Goal Teams and supports participation by direct reports, helping to meet tactical plan objectives.
- Adaptability/Flexibility- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Budget/Cost Control- Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, creates accurate and realistic budgets, tracks and adjusts budgets, contributes to budget planning.
- Communication- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Computer Skills- Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, uses computers to improve productivity.
- Problem Solving- Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
Other Required Skills
- Safety & Environmental- Promotes mutual respect, keeps workplace clean and safe, supports Company safety and environmental programs through observation of safety and environmental procedures and taking appropriate action to report observation of potentially unsafe conditions.
: Working knowledge and understanding of rotating equipment such as pumps, motors, gearboxes and valves from an operations and maintenance perspective. Ability to read, understand and apply information from technical manuals and other reference materials including all types of drawings. Most important drawing knowledge centers around P&ID diagrams, piping and mechanical system drawings. Possesses effective written, verbal, and communication skills. Strong computer skills and experience in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Demonstrate a strong understanding RCM Program and methodology, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Work and Asset Management processes. Must be able to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, governmental regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals is required; ability to effectively write routine reports and correspondence is required. Must be capable of effectively presenting information and responding to questions from managers, clients, contractors, and customers of the organization as required.
LOOP LLC offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as both a pension and 401(k) Savings Plan.