This position will be assigned to the Covington Headquarters and will report to the LOOP Vice President Business Development.
The LOOP Business Development Representative applies Marketing, Analysis and Customer engagement skills to support customers and grow the business of energy transportation, storage and related services.
The position is responsible for increasing LOOP’s market share by developing new customers while working with existing customers to maximize use of LOOP facilities and services. The successful candidate will develop strategies to identify and implement commercial opportunities which increase the Company’s competitive advantage related to the receipt, storage, and distribution of domestic and global crude oil.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Compiles and analyzes market data to develop long- and short-term commercial and marketing strategies and action plans, including LOOP’s Annual Strategic Plan
- Performs in depth crude oil production forecasting
- Performs in depth transportation logistics arbitrage analysis
- Markets LOOP’s Products and Services to existing customers and potential customers by understanding their current and future needs
- Develops throughput and revenue forecasts
- Performs competitive analysis - evaluate industry trends and forecasts to ensure LOOP fees are competitive and generally linked to market alternatives
- Maximizes LOOP’s long term profitability by identifying new business opportunities through market research and leveraging industry contacts and eliminating existing products or services that are unprofitable
- Develops commercial opportunities individually or through opportunity teams using the Opportunity Realization Program
- Maintains an effective interface with internal stakeholders including finance, accounting, operations, engineering, regulatory and environmental functions
- Represents LOOP at industry functions
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of ten (10) years prior experience in marketing of pipeline or transportation services within the energy industry. Possession of at least five (5) years of prior economic analysis experience is required. Preferred candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Development, Communications or related field. The candidates must possess a propensity to study, analyze and interpret documents such as industry business periodicals, professional journals, governmental reports, regulations and legal documents. Qualified candidates will possess excellent written and verbal communication with ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
This position requires extensive travel and exceptional interpersonal communication skills. The successful candidate will interact with industry colleagues with diverse cultural backgrounds. The position requires attendance at industry events including evenings and weekends. Fluency in a second language such as Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish is desired.
LOOP LLC offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as both a pension and 401(k) Savings Plan.